Dance competition regulations
Eurocity Competition is opened to dancers who present a solo or a pas de deux, divided in two categories: classic, modern/contemporary. Eurocity Competition is part of Lucca Dance Meeting and will take place at the wonderful Giglio Theatre in Lucca, Italy.
Dance Meeting Lucca 2024– Dance competition regulations
REGULATION EUROCITY 2024
Dance competition regulations
CATEGORIES: CLASSIC MODERN CONTEMPORARY
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1 – The Eurocity competition will be held from Saturday 11 to Sunday 12 May 2024 at Giglio Theater in Lucca (ITALY) and it’s open to young
dancers of all nationalities, divided in 3 categories:
– “Young” ages 11 to 12, based on your age on the official dates of contest (11th May 2024)
– “Juniores” ages 13 to 16, based on your age on the official dates of contest (11th May 2024)
– “Seniores” ages 17 to 21, based on your age on the official dates of contest (11th May 2024)
Art. 2 Competitors registered in both the classic and modern/contemporary Pas de Deux categories are admitted only to the Juniores and Seniors sections
Competitors entered in this category will be judged individually. In the event of elimination of only one of the two, the one not admitted to the next phase will participate out of competition.
Art. 3 – Classic category preliminaries
– will be held on Saturday afternoon
– “Junior” and “Senior” candidates will have to perform: a variation if the candidate is single, a pas de deux if are two candidates
– candidates in the “Youth” category directly access the semi-final.
Art. 4 – Preliminaries for the modern contemporary section
– They will be held on Saturday afternoon
– “Junior” and “Senior” candidates will have to perform a variation lasting a maximum of three minutes of style: contemporary or modern for both solos and Pas de deux
– candidates in the “Youth” category directly access the semi-final
Art. 5 – Candidates in the classical category must present a variation to be chosen preferably from the following repertoire ballets: Swan Lake, Coppelia, Don Chisciotte, Esmeralda, Giselle, Grand Pas Classique, Infiorata a Genzano, Il Corsaro, La Baiadére, Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker, Naples, Paquita, Sylvia, Raymonda, Firebird, La Fille mal Gardée, La Sylph, The Sylphs, Notre Dame de Paris, Romeo and Juliet, Fairy Doll, Pharaoh’s Daughter, The Talisman.
For repertoire pieces not listed above, you must contact the secretariat to request an exemption
Art. 6 – Candidates in the Classical Pas de deux category must present only the adagio part (without variations) of a piece from the repertoire listed above. Dance competition regulations
Art. 7 – Semi-finals – They will be held on Sunday morning – “Junior” and “Senior” candidates from both categories who have passed the preliminary phase as well as candidates from the “Young” category are admitted to the semi-finals. – For the classical section in the “Youth” category, candidates will be able to present a free variation (preferably with tips for girls) lasting a maximum of two minutes. – For the modern contemporary section, “Young” category, candidates must submit a change of maximum two minutes.
Art. 8 – Finals
– The finalists will perform in the evening gala which will be held on Sunday 12 May at the Teatro del Giglio in Lucca in the presence of exceptional guests and the specialized national and international press. The winners will be awarded scholarships at the main international academies.
Art.9 – Participants must send the music by 10/04/2024 and bring a USB pen drive with the music tracks recorded in MP3 format.
– Recordings deemed unprofessional to listen to may be rejected by the jury and therefore cause the candidate to be eliminated. They must also be equipped with a stage costume, which will be mandatory to wear for all phases of the competition.
Art. 10 – The jury will be made up of personalities from the world of dance and its decisions are final.
Art. 11 – The finalists who have won at least one prize will not be able to participate in the next edition of the competition in the same category.
Art. 12 – Candidates must register online on the website: form Dance competition regulations
no later than 10/04/2024. The organization reserves the right to close registrations early if the maximum number of available places is reached. Dance competition regulations
Registration with the A.E.D. it is mandatory and is valid until August 31, 2024 click here to register
Information: Dance competition regulations
A.E.D. Associazione Europea Danza
via Masi 7 – 57121 Livorno (Italy)
Tel. 0586-410825 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org